Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Beatles Remastered Catalog - The Assessment (Let the music speak for itself)

Hope we hear some news from the sipmac ensemble anytime soon! Because right now the entire team is experiencing for the first time the entire Beatles Catalog Remastered! So far so good! The sound is great (any backward or headphones gimmicks have not been used until now), but it is for sure a deluxe (for once it is the right word) set, with pictures, liner notes... it is worth every penny spent! An in-depth analysis is pending... you have been warned! Now, sit down, relax and enjoy!

Long live the Beatles! Now at home, next time in... Liverpool?

The Assessment - December 24th, 2010

I been procrastinating with this long-time announced post; but, what can I do? What can I add to this long Beatles saga? What new insight did I brought to the Beatle people? Well, yes I can. But the more I try, the less I can. I bought the entire collection in stereo and started to listen... and listen... and listen... as matter of fact, the music speaks for itself. The CD covers bring a comfy atmosphere, and you start trying to suck everything you can from the mini-documentaries, and you start to feel... happy.

Being a beatlemaniac for so long, you start to think you're start to run out of adjectives and praises, but as I said, let the music (you can feel the difference) speak for itself. The Box is worth every penny you give, and conceding I can't still stomach the Magical Mistery Tour, nevertheless it is great to appreciate firsthand the art of the entire album - not to mention the music.

John Lennon's influence cast a ever-growing shadow on the Beatles oeuvre, something still makes Paul McCartney nervous, but he should not to bother too much. He did his bid, too (But we have to concede that the first albums were Lennon's territory, but from Rubber Soul on he fortunately takes off). The White Album looks greater than ever, and Abbey Road baffles me like the first time. I still wish George and Ringo had more songs on those albums. Hey, Let It Be, properly conducted and produced, could have been another original double album, not to mention Abbey Road! The repetitive final chords of I Want You (She's so Heavy) makes me to thank God Almighty, just because this is such a great time to have all The Beatles' Albums, when twenty years ago it was a task for really wealthy collectors. Downloading them on Ares is for sissies.

Sometimes God and The Beatles doesn't seem to belong together in the same sentence (witness Lennon mean attitude to God, Jesus and religion - more on this maybe on a later post), but then I look for McCartney's assistance: he said most of their songs were about peace and love, and Ringo still clings to his given mantra; not to mention Harrison's spirituality (You can feel it in "Something" and "Here Comes the Sun"). Hope God take note on this.

Yes I want it, because I am always willing to forgive The Beatles' individual shortcomings. They made it right once then. The remastered albums are witnesses to this. Thanks once again.

FULL DISCLOSURE: April Camus first Thesis was dedicated to John, Paul, George, Ringo, Axl and Slash (more on Axl and Slash maybe on a later post).
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hate these days. People are telling you to STFU. Just say it, no matter how stupid or offensive it is.