Monday, April 20, 2009

Have you ever heard Let It Be... Naked?


Compared to the original album, "Let It Be...  Naked" sounds like a pile of mud has been removed from the original master tapes. This is the album I wish it was released originally, with the full eight minutes version of Dig It.

I will concede that the technology wasn't that advanced then, but in "Naked" you can hear a better band playing! It will feel like I'm kicking someone while lying on the floor, but Phil Spector did not have a clue. Well played, the overdubs were unnecessary (and a lot of stress would have been saved in the band).

An album with direct, live songs was a real possibility. I have to concede that some editing was necessary, too. For anyone that watched the movie, it is clear in "Don't Let Me Down" and "The Long and Winding Road". Still, as I said before, listening to the music feels like something unearthed, cleaned its dirt off,  and restored to its full glory.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

I hate these days. People are telling you to STFU. Just say it, no matter how stupid or offensive it is.